The Internet is a constantly changing place. The biggest goal, for any brand, is trying to capture and maintain the user’s attention. One of the elements that can do that is the use of motion graphics. Think about some of your own favorite videos. What are the elements that you like most?
Usually, it’s not just one thing or another. It’s a combination of the graphics, the story, and the way everything is put together that creates the end result. The same is true with motion graphics when it comes to your marketing. Although there’s been some debate about them since they first hit the scene, the use of them has proven to be effective.
Let’s discuss what motion graphics actually are, what makes them different from straight animation, and what advantages they have for your brand.
What are Motion Graphics?
Motion graphics are really just what they sound like: animated graphics, but that feature text as a major component. They offer a way to communicate with viewers and add a unique depth to your story. With the right copy, music, and graphic animation, they can create an entire message all their own.
Motion graphics are used for ads, title sequences in movies, music videos, and even just to share information. They have many applications and can be seen in branding all over the place. These graphics are great in brand awareness videos, motivational campaigns, and explainers. You can even use them to tell an entire story if you want, although this will probably totally challenge the animation vs. motion graphics debate.
Basically, they do just about anything that you need and they offer a more engaging way to convey your message than just another blog post or infographic.
The Advantages of Motion Graphics
Users love interaction and engagement. Just look at the rapid popularity of the GIF market– many people are now using these simple clips to express emotion, share a laugh, and more. Imagine what that kind of power can do for your business. Here are just a few of the perks of using motion graphics in your marketing:
- You can deliver complex ideas in a very digestible, easy-to-understand way. Your users will be able to consume content without so much as a second thought, and that will result in more and better conversions, as well as better customer relationships.
- These can be concise and engaging, saving the need for long explainer videos or leaving those for the people who really want to watch them. When you want to offer quick information, motion graphics are a great choice.
- Motion graphics can be repurposed across all platforms, making them a great choice to integrate as part of your omnichannel experience. You can post them on your website, social media, and even send them via apps or push notifications if you desire.
- There is literally no limit to what you can create. Since these are part animation, you are only limited by your imagination in terms of how you use motion graphics in your marketing efforts. Some people are used to all the rules of marketing, but it’s nice to let loose and just have a little fun with your branding sometimes.
Why Use Motion Graphics?
If you’re still not convinced about the benefits of these graphics in your marketing, here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- More than 80% of all consumer Internet traffic involves video watching
- 46% of consumers report making a purchasing decision based on watching a brand video on social media
- Motion graphics offer all the benefits of full animation at a lower cost, allowing you to invest your marketing dollars elsewhere
- Motion graphics and related content can increase conversion rates by 20% or more
- People spend 6 hours a week, on average, watching video content online
As you can see, the numbers don’t lie. If you’re looking for a cost-effective solution to reach your audience in a way that holds their attention, this could be exactly what you need. It’s not about whether or not you need video content like motion graphics– it’s about where and how you use them to get the best results.
Examples of Motion Graphics Formats
Just like regular videos, you can produce these graphics for just about any area of your marketing or business promotion efforts. You can create motion graphics campaigns and videos for product promotions, sales presentations, company culture videos, and educational videos, just to name a few. There is truly no limit to what you can do with these videos. Many people use them for:
- Promoting a new product or service
- Presenting a business idea or sales pitch
- Virtual branding and marketing events
- Online advertising
- Social media marketing and engagement
- Email marketing
- Explainers and how-to videos
- Showcasing company employees or culture
If you take the time to think about the messages that you need to convey in your marketing and the goals that you have attached to those messages, you will quickly see how motion graphics could provide the perfect solution that you’ve been looking for, no matter what kind of content you have in mind.
Don’t Forget SEO
Everyone is probably tired of hearing about it, but SEO still matters. One of the biggest perks of motion graphics is that their use can improve your SEO rankings in a variety of ways. In fact, studies have shown that pages with motion graphics see a 260% increase in the average pages per session. It also shows a significant decrease in bounce rates.
When it comes to SEO, you need all the help that you can get. Taking advantage of little things like motion graphics can go a long way in making a lasting impression. Whether you’re looking for SEO support or general marketing growth, these videos need to be on your radar.
The good news is that you’re not alone. If you think you could use these videos but you’re not sure where to start, contact the team at REIN. We can help you create a dynamic marketing strategy that includes motion graphics and all the rest of the best digital solutions, no matter what your branding goals might be.